Darton Law can assist where you need to make a claim against someone else or you have had a claim made against you.
We are experienced in litigation matters at all levels within the court system. We provide advice to both private individuals and businesses on a variety of different matters. Where possible, as an alternative to costly Court proceedings, we recommend alternative dispute resolution. Our lawyers strive to provide sound advice on the risks of litigation versus the potential rewards of success.
When you book your initial consultation with one of our experienced solicitors, your instructions will be taken and our solicitor will give their advice on the recommended next steps.
Contact us today to book your initial appointment.
The Solicitors Regulation Authority requires firms to publish its prices in certain distinct areas of law. Please find below more detailed information in relation to our prices for debt recovery up to £100,000.
Debt Recovery up to £100,000
We understand that it can be a daunting and stressful time when either bringing an action or defending one. Darton Law offers a pragmatic and robust approach whilst maintaining a transparent cost procedure in order to ensure our clients know where the case is heading and there are no hidden surprises.
Our Fixed Fees for debt recovery up to £100,000 begin from £1,000 + VAT for an undefended Claim to around £15,000 + VAT for a Defended claim with multiple witnesses and documents.
Factors that will affect our fees:
- Whether we need to make or defend applications, to amend claims or defences or provide further information about the claim or defence
- Defending a claim where the Claimant does not have representation (acting as a litigant in person)
- The number of witnesses in a case
- The number of documents in a case
- Any additional applications to be made or defended
- Whether an expert witness is required
What is included
- Initial consultation with a solicitor, the solicitor will take your instructions and their advice will be given during these meeting.
- Drafting a Letter Before Action for Claimant
- Completing a Claim form for Claimant
- Responding to a Claim form for Defendant (Acknowledgement of Service and Defence)
- Completing Allocation Questionnaire
- Case Management/Allocation Hearing
- Schedule of issues
- Exchange of witness statements
- Preparing or responding to bundle of documents
- Attendance at your Trial
What isn’t included
The following fees are charges by third parties and are not included in our fixed fees:
Court Fees: There are various fees associated with claims for money. There is an issue fee if you are a Claimant issuing a claim with the court and a hearing fee. There will be additional fees for any additional applications. To see an up to date list of court fees please click here.
Counsels Fees: these are dependent upon the level of experience of counsel and which chambers they are based are. There is no standard amount that a barrister will charge. Barristers are allowed to set their own prices for their services.
If it becomes apparent that counsel may be needed, we will provide you will options so you can make an informed decision prior to these costs being incurred.
Travel fees: for attending conferences or Court hearings on your behalf
How long will your case take to conclude
If your matter proceeds to trial it will take longer than if a settlement is reached. If the parties are unable to reach a settlement it can take up to 18 months to reach the Trial stage, this is dependent upon the workload of the court or that your case is allocated to and which track your claim is allocated to.
Get in touch
Contact us on 020 8751 5115 Mon-Fri 9am-5pm or fill out the form and one of our team will be in touch to help.