We provide expert advice in the following areas:
- Divorce and separation matter
- Financial Settlement for both spouses and children
- Civil partnership
- Children – Private Law ( disputes between family members)
- Children – Public Law ( disputes involving social services)
- International child disputes including Child Abduction and removal from the jurisdiction.
- Domestic Violence
We now are able to offer clients family legal aid. Family legal aid covers the following areas;
- Divorce and finances
- Private Children Act Proceedings
- Care and Adoption Proceedings
However, not everyone is eligible for legal aid. In order to be eligible you have to pass a means test (which is based on income) and a merits test. If you claim certain benefits the you will meet the means test. If you earn an income evidence will need to be provided for your application to considered by the Legal Aid Agency.
The merits test is usually met if it is in the interests of justice for legal aid to be granted and there is evidence of domestic violence, this can be through a criminal conviction at Court, a non-molestation order, a GP letter or letter from a refuge. Legal aid can also be granted in cases where people suffer from mental health issues. Again, evidence of this has to be provided.
If you are unsure as to whether you can apply for legal aid, then please contact either Ranjit Siddle or Kate Maddison and they will be able to advise you accordingly.
You are welcome to contact us by e-mail or telephone to seek our specialist advice on Family & Children Law. We assure you that your matter will be dealt with in strict confidence.