We offer fixed fees which can be found by visiting www.dartonmotoringlaw.co.uk. However, if one of these fixed fees doesn’t meet your requirements, we can assist you on an hourly rate basis. The total cost will depend on several factors including the length, complexity and which Court is hearing your case.
This is a guide to our hourly rate. We will always try and provide you with a detailed quotation:
– Solicitor with 8 or more years of Post Qualified Experience (PQE) – £250 to £300 +VAT
– Solicitor with 4 to 7 years PQE – £200 +VAT
– Solicitor with less than 4 years PQE – £175 +VAT
– Trainee or Paralegal – £125 +VAT
WHAT IS INCLUDED
Our hourly fees are charged in the following circumstances
– Attendance and Preparation of
- Reviewing and considering evidence
- Taking your detailed instructions
- Advising you on the strengths and weaknesses of your case and likely sentence.
– Attendance and representation at a hearing in the Magistrates Court
– Taking statements from any witnesses
– Advice and assistance in relation to a special reasons hearing
– Advice or assistance in relation to any appeal
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED
Our hourly fees do not include additional costs for:
– Expert witness fees (including medical reports, alcohol back calculation reports etc)
– Additional disbursement costs including travel expenses
KEY STAGES OF YOUR CASE
The key stages of your case are based on the presumption that you have entered a guilty plea and have a date for your hearing.
– Consultation with your solicitor to provide instructions.
– Consider initial disclosure, and any other evidence. Advise you regarding the same.
– Arranging to take any witness statements, if necessary
– Explain the court procedure to you so you know what to expect and the sentencing options available to the court.
– Obtain further instructions from you if necessary and answer any follow up queries you have.
– We cannot provide a timescale of when your hearing will take place, as this depends on the court listing for that day.
– We will attend court on the day and meet with you before going before the court. The time spent at court will depend on your case.
– We will discuss the outcome with you.
HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE?
This will depend on your plea and which Court is hearing your case.